Re: tb's questions for the candidates

* Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> [2004-03-19 18:19]:
> > > action ("We should thank them for their efforts, put them on the
> > > emeritus keyring, and find new maintainers for their packages.") do you
> >
> > I do that and I never said otherwise.
>
> Well, actually, you said:
>
> > I disagree with this.  I think that maintainers who neglect their
> > duties and don't follow documented procedures (orphan their packages,
> > inform the keyring maintainer that they are leaving the project [1])
> > should not be treated the same as maintainers who leave the project
> > properly.
>
> ...in Message-id: <[🔎] 20040305024923.GA19098@deprecation.cyrius.com>[1]

Right, I see were the misunderstanding comes from.  Let's quote the
whole text from http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200403/msg00201.html

> * Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> [2004-03-04 21:21]:
> > People who have simply become inactive should be treated as much
> > like those who have resigned as possible.  We should thank them for
> > their efforts, put them on the emeritus keyring, and find new
> > maintainers for their packages.

> I disagree with this.  I think that maintainers who neglect their
> duties and don't follow documented procedures (orphan their packages,
> inform the keyring maintainer that they are leaving the project [1])
> should not be treated the same as maintainers who leave the project
> properly.

I should not have quoted both sentences you said.  My "I disagree with this"
refers to your first sentence only.  I agree with the second sentence.  My
disagreement was only about re-admission to the project where I think they
should not be treated the same, not about thanking them for the work they've
done.  Sorry for the confusion.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com