Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 02:22:41AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
> > Then after a time, either when he agrees or he is being unreasonable,
> > you bring the issue before the technical comittee, which can override
> > the maintainer if he is being wrongly stubborn.
> Except that the Technical Committee does *not* have the right to
> overrule the developer about such a thing.  That's the problem I'm
> pointing out.

Sure they do:

    4. Overrule a Developer (requires a 3:1 majority).
       The Technical Committee may ask a Developer to take a particular
       technical course of action even if the Developer does not wish to;
       this requires a 3:1 majority. For example, the Committee may
       determine that a complaint made by the submitter of a bug is
       justified and that the submitter's proposed solution should be
       implemented.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.