Re: drop or keep non-free - from users viewpoint

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 05:56:31PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Care to share the other issues with us, so might actually resolve them?

That depends on context.  I already mentioned the one most relevant
to debian-vote.

Another of some relevance is: how do we deal with moving packages back
and forth between main and non-free.org?  Assuming a package is in main,
then we determine it needs to be removed, and it winds up at non-free.org,
then gets a new license and winds back in main, how do we deal with that?
Do we rename it?  Do we keep the same name and bump the version number?
What if non-free.org then bumps the version number again?  Basically:
how do we coordinate?  Do we "disavow all knowledge" and leave it to
the users to sort out, or do we try to solve those kinds of problems?

> > do most of us believe it's doable in the time frame imposed by that
> > amendment?
>
> Almost the complete debian.org infrastructure got rebuilt after the
> compromise in like, two weeks? That was several orders of magnitude more
> work than it will take to migrate non-free to nonfree.org.

I don't know what you're talking about, here.

--
Raul