Re: still more questions for the candidates

* Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> [2004-03-12 12:11]:
> I'm somewhat bothered that the only criticisms you have of the
> Technical Committee are aimed at its membership.
>
> If you had specific criticisms of what it does, or suggestions of
> what it will do, I would have no objection to criticisms of myself,
> or of others, which relate to these substantial issues.  But, if
> you're only concerned about the people, and have nothing to say
> about how its achieving its

I have no problem with you as a person.  I have a problem with how
members of the Technical Committee are appointed, because the current
way seems too conservative.

> In summary -- thanks for telling me about how you approach this kind
> of issue.

My last message said pretty clearly that I did not approach this
issue.  If I had approached it, I would have gotten in contact with
you and discussed it.  This whole discussion started because I was
asked about my opinion, and so I shared it with others.  I expressed
my dissatisfaction with the current situation, but also said I'm not
in a position to criticize it because so far I have not approached the
issue.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com