Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On 2004-03-12 13:01:31 +0000 Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

Perhaps. But you're looking at this wrong: the question is whether the
package can be replaced effectively enough to convince the maintainer
that it's not worth keeping around.

Sure, but that requires a different approach to simply pointing out that the package is replaced by something in main, so the question is still interesting practically and not mere bureaucratic navel-gazing.

One of the good things about Debian is that we don't have some particular
person culling everything they happen to think is pointless.

One of the bad things about Debian is that we apparently have to resort to a GR to cull pointless or self-defeating things. It immediately allows people to start crying "don't you oppress me!"

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at