Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates, and a blatantly political answer

* Ron <ron@debian.org> [2004-03-12 15:53]:
> > Furthermore, I'd like to hear why you think that I am not honest
> > and enthusiastic, and ideally I'd like to see some concrete
> > examples.

> <Eliza> Why is it that you think I said *you* were not h&e? </Eliza>
> (and I don't expect you to answer that here, but I do hope you'll think
> about it)

Because you explictly said so, unless I've mistaken your mail.  I was
surprised by this (because I think I'm honest and enthusiastic) which
is why I asked.

You wrote:

 | My concern is that we find a DPL who is *honest* and *enthusiastic*
 | about the future they see for the project and who is prepared to share
 | that vision unabashedly with anyone who will listen.

 | What I'm seeing (again) from the two mainstream candidates, is that they
 | have their own personal reasons for wanting to be DPL, and that they are
 | prepared to talk up whatever other issues they think will win them
 | support to that end.

This seems to suggests that you think both Branden and I are dishonest
and not enthusiastic.

> The only 'example' I can hold you to is your own promises.  It has
> been claimed that you were in fact something of a Do Nothing DPL --
> my own personal experience with you has indeed shown that you've
> been quite low key compared to what I was led to expect at the last
> election.

The kind of tasks I carry out are summarized for example in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200310/msg00014.html
I think they are all very important, and while you may often not
notice those changes, they are vital in order to ensure that the
project is running smoothly.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com