Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:02:53PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> It seems reasonable to ask whether the maintainer can just close or
> ignore the bug as invalid before N people file M bugs against non-free
> with apparent replacements in main.

Perhaps. But you're looking at this wrong: the question is whether the
package can be replaced effectively enough to convince the maintainer
that it's not worth keeping around.

> Certain other non-free maintainers defend
> their package's user interface or IMO pointless extra options.

One of the good things about Debian is that we don't have some particular
person culling everything they happen to think is pointless.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004