Re: Offensive emails, was: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:01:32AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-03-11 15:33:10 +0000 Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> wrote:
> >On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:50:14AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> >>Is it really significantly more obnoxious?
> >I certainly find Thomas' thread much more obnoxious than your use of
> >the word "your" to single out the mail you were replying to.
> I was avoiding making individuals the focus of the thread, which I
> thought was what was described as more obnoxious.
> English. Lovely language. Enough ambiguities to fuel a flame spanning
> continents.

Sorry, that wasn't ambiguous, so much as just plain wrong. "Making
individuals the focus of a thread is both more obnoxious and easier to
avoid" was how it should've read.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.