Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:37:20PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> I don't know if that's sufficient, but I know that it can do a lot to
> make the "meek" feel more welcome, to know that people will stand up.

Except that proposing foundational document ammendments is not for the meek.
If someone steps up and publically proposes something that has, among
other things[1], consequences that are negative towards someone else,
they should expect to hear objections, and that includes the hostile
ones as well. It would be downright ludicrous to expect that everyone
will be treading lightly in such a setting.[2]

Whether cas actually crossed the line in the amount of profanity, that's
debatable, but the "let's make everything better for the meek" program[3]
just isn't relevant to it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.

[1] or not, regardless
[2] heck, if we went around passing such changes without stirring any
    trouble, what kind of lame herd of cats would we be? ;)
[3] regardless of whether such a program is worthwhile (I think it is)