Offensive emails, was: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

On 2004-03-11 04:58:02 +0000 Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

Personally, I find swearing much less offensive than making things so
personal that you title threads with things like "Serious problems with
Mr Troup" or "Why Anthony Towns is wrong". [...]

Acutally, it seems common that debian list subscribers personalise discussions. Your email is another example. I'm sure I read that using "you" a lot on-list means you should redraft before sending, or send it off-list. Sadly, I can't find that article now.

I disagree with some people's views, but I usually don't know those people and will try to approach meeting them with an open mind. There are a few exceptions who I feel are too aggressive, though.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at