Re: still more questions for the candidates

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 06:03:40PM +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 01:55:36AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > So I have a few questions for you:
> Anthony if you answer can we consider that as a signal you are finally
> entering the DPL race?

No; there are a few reasons why I haven't done that, and don't plan to
-- first, and foremost that I'd like to get sarge out the door before
worrying about other significant commitments. There are other reasons
why I don't think I'd be a particularly good DPL, and reasons why I don't
think I'd particularly enjoy it either, that I don't feel any need to go
into. Suffice to say that I think the DPL is just one role of many in
which people can contribute to Debian -- or even contribute to working
out which paths Debian should follow -- and probably not even the most
important or valuable.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.