Re: "keep non-free" proposal

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> [a] most of the people who advocate dumping non-free do not have a
> personal need for any of it, and

Vrms reports a number of packages on my systems; the ones that I use
("need") frequently are ilisp, mpg123, jdk1.1, scsh, and xanim.

I have heard similar statements from other people who support the
removal of non-free from the Debian archive.  So who is it that fits
your description?

> [b] most of the people who advocate dumping non-free do not state how
> dumping non-free is good for people who do have a need for some of it.

It may not be good for them in the short term; I believe that it is
good for them in the long term.

Thomas