Re: "keep non-free" proposal

A couple of small points that seem interesting to me:

On 2004-03-10 07:33:06 +0000 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

But we already have the possibility to do this. The technical comitte
has the power to override the maintainers decision, it is just that upto
now, nobody cared enough to take the steps needed to make this happen.

Possibly, nobody wants to be that vindictive against a single maintainer who could quite easily question their selection as the first such case. Alternatively, Suffield's drop GR does it as a general principle. Maybe I am wrong and no non-free maintainer would take it badly if tech-ctte was asked to overrule them.

We delayed only because it is the FSF, if it was anyone else ...

Do you have a case history to back that claim up? I thought it was delayed just because it was a shedload of packages, which take time to replace, so more debian time is devoted to working on a possible fix.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at