Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 09:21:43PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Does this mean that you would support the removal of all of non-free
> with the exception of those packages necessary to support closed
> hardware?

Why is closed hardware so special? What about our Japanese, Chinese and
Korean users who can't view PDFs in their own language without packages
like cmap-adobe-japan1, xpdf-japanese etc?

It's not like they can choose to use the free "nv" driver instead of the
closed source "nvidia"; TTBOMK there is no free solution at all.

Hamish