Re: drop or keep non-free - from users viewpoint

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 07:06:55PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> I believe it is well possible that some third party, after having
> examined the particular licence of every package, do indeed at non-free
> to the CD set, as they also added non-US in the past.

In that case they don't add non-free to the CD set; they just add parts
of it.

That is, unless there are no longer any packages that forbid
distribution for a fee in non-free.  Craig Sanders posted a long list of
licenses he found in use in non-free to this list about two months
ago[1].

[1] Message-ID: <20040110075709.GB18773@taz.net.au>
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200401/msg01066.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |        Beware of and eschew pompous
Debian GNU/Linux                   |        prolixity.