Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:05:31AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

> >>If the Suffield drop GR has passed, would non-free packages count as
> >>"related to the project"?
> >Yeah, naturally. Unless you want to remove the non-free maintainers
>
> Why? Just because it's a DD who does it? Are packages which can't (eg
> not distributable in non-free) go on debian's ftp archive permitted
> for people.d.o?

I would say not, since it is the same rationale that applies to non-free
(someone may sue us over them) also applies to other form of
distribution. It is true though that this is a restraint that each
individual DD has to set upon himself.

> >>...by using the Origin and Bugs headers, and improving them until
> >>they work
> >>well for you.
> >Yeah. And who will do that ?
>
> You, perhaps, in concert with others.

hehe :)

I prefer to work on other free parts of debian though, and am absolutely
not familiar with dpkg and friends.

> >Also, will the PTS show me an overview of all my packages, including
> >the non-free ones ?
>
> The debian PTS should interface with your personal PTS. The PTS
> already doesn't show me an overview of all my packages, because only
> one (and a half ;-) ) is in the archive just now.

Yeah.

> >and if yes, would non-free still be part of debian ?
>
> No.

Friendly,

Sven Luther