Re: drop or keep non-free - from users viewpoint

Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > > do you mean the default source.list after installation? Does the sarge
> > > installer also not ask the user if he want to include non-free?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Then we should change it again.

Yes, we should.  The possibility to add 'non-free' shouldn't be mentioned
at all.  People who want to use that software, should add the line to the
apt config file on their own.  It's not that difficult and it would also
emphasise the fact that non-free is not part of Debian, but only uses some
amount of the Debian infrastructure.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto