Re: drop or keep non-free - from users viewpoint

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:49:57PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> > > How could the removal of non-free stop you from maintaining the
> > > driver?
> >
> > No more BTS ? no more download area.
>
> You could still maintain it; since your purpose is to have access to
> the internet through this modem, you would still be able to do that
> whether you were distributing the work to other people or not.
>
> And since there are plenty of good free bug-tracking systems out
> there (including the BTS), you will have the option of using those if
> they are important to you.

Oh, so you agree that in order for me to do so, i would have to expend
more ressources, ressources which i would more gladly invest in fixing
problems related to more important debian issues, like the
debian-installer or the powerpc kernels for example.

And all that time, you swore to the contrary :))

Friendly,

Sven Luther