Re: drop or keep non-free - from users viewpoint

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:46:42AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
> >
> > > If i am stopped from maintaining the driver for the ADSL modem that
> > > provides me access to the internet, and thus enables me to do my debian
> > > work, will you step in and pay me (and others who use the same modem) a
> > > new adsl modem that is supported by non-free software.
> >
> > How could the removal of non-free stop you from maintaining the
> > driver?
>
> No more BTS ? no more download area.

You could still maintain it; since your purpose is to have access to
the internet through this modem, you would still be able to do that
whether you were distributing the work to other people or not.

And since there are plenty of good free bug-tracking systems out
there (including the BTS), you will have the option of using those if
they are important to you.