Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 10:56:30AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Debian Project Secretary <secretary@debian.org> [2004-03-07 18:55]:
> > [   ] Choice 1: Cease active support of non-free [3:1 majority needed]

>  If one votes that non-free will be purged completely, from what I
> understand. Right?

>  Which option is: "Keep it as long as it has been moved to nonfree.org
> (with infrastructure) and remove it then."? I guess many are missing
> this, and I just hope this wasn't forgotten.

>  I guess its this:

> > [   ] Choice 2: Re-affirm support for non-free

>  And yet another GR once nonfree.org is up and running. Aren't we a
> happy bureocracy...

You were free to propose an amendment during the discussion period, and
either get it accepted by the proposer of one of the other ballot
options, or get enough seconds to get it on the ballot next to the first
two options.

If none of the options that people came up with are acceptable to you,
there's "further discussion", as others have pointed out.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer