Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 04:26:48PM +0100, David Weinehall wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 03:18:15PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:16:42PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

> > > I suggest those who want them fixed work on them. When I want them
> > > fixed, I will work on them eventually. My time is too limited to do
> > > much more: there are things I want more now that I'm not working on
> > > yet. Agressive challenges from the likes of you do not make me want to
> > > work on them, given your recent history.
> >
> > A, but you have no problem in having me do more work in order to
> > maintain my non-free package, which is currently needed for the rest of
> > my debian work. Thanks.
>
> I'm moving out of my current apartment very soon, thus I have no more
> need of my ADSL-modem.  This ADSL-modem (Zyxel Prestige 645MP) doesn't
> need any non-free driver (or indeed, any drivers at all).  I'm willing
> to pay shipment for it and give it to you, if you in return promise to
> stop using your current ADSL-modem, drop support for the driver and
> request for removal (or at least do not opppose such a request from
> another DD) of the driver.

That sounds nice. Now, what about all the other users of my drivers ?
Among them at least one or two DDs ? Who could take over the package.

Also, what about the chance that someone implements a replacement
softADSL library in the near future, and the driver becoming fully free.

And do you have the source for the firmware for that ADSL modem ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther