Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 03:46:51PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> And BTW, i was refering in me having to help setup non-free.org or some
> other third party archive in order to be able to distribute my packages,
> not to speak about BTS support and such.

Come on, please. On the one hand, you seem to connect the removal of the
non-free section with a view on your packages alone, without considering
the bigger picture (you always talk about *your* packages, *your*
experiences with upstream, etc.). On the other hand, you tell us that
you will be unable to distribute *your* packages once non-free vanishes?

man dpkg-scanpackages, it's really not that hard if it is about your
packages alone. Limited free webspace is quite abundant these days.

> Naturally, if tomorrow a fully working non-free.org would be setup, it
> would be fine also, altough i have some misgiving about the oportunity
> to maintain an officialized non-free.org not under the debian project's
> control.

You seem to change your mind on that on a daily basis.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer