Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On 2004-03-08 14:12:12 +0000 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:00:19PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
You did write it exactly like that, or someone spoofed your email.
Yeah, remember now. Do you want to see the full caps email from branden,
where he all but told me i was not wanted in the debian project when i
was a fresh NM back then ? [...]

No, that's not relevant. As the saying here goes: Two wrongs do not make a right.

I seldom IRC these days. The problems of IRC harassment are being discussed on -project now, I think.
Sorry, no time for this mailing list [...]

OK, let's leave that here: it's being looked at.

upstream should "give the copyright holder [RMS] generous [...] benefit of the doubt" about their licence's implications. [...]
yeah, well, ok, still, this is hardly an argument that would have been
received favorably by upstream, who would probably feel offended that
they, also being copyright holder of some code, might not get the same
"benefiot of the doubt". [...]

Brian Thomas Sniffen (the BTS mentioned previously when I didn't think about the double sense) actually wrote that they should both be given that consideration if possible. Really, there is no excuse for you reporting your own wording of an already-corrected misunderstanding as if it were the consensual view of debian-legal.

But let's stop here this OT thread. I retract that rant against
debian-legal, and let's not speak about it again.

OK.

Please go work on a free implementation of a package currently in
non-free, and stop loosing our time on this.
[...] I am not the most prolific, but I do my part. I think I've earnt the option to challenge your misreporting.
Ok, fine for you, why you don't do it now then ?

I do. Replying to your emails is just something I do while waiting for other things to finish, so that your misreporting should not convince anyone to vote to keep non-free. Why aren't you working on fixing the buggy ADSL and 3D graphics drivers affecting you? ;-)

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at