Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:35:35PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:15:57PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > All in all, i think that there is a bit of a lack of maturity about
> > the remove non-free proposal.
>
> Could you please stop your accusations? At most, there is a lack of
> maturity in *this concrete* implementation proposal, perhaps connected
> to that fact that it is relatively new?

Why ? The first proposal and rationale was to drop non-free in order to
have some discussion stick to show the author of non-free software not
willing to free the code. Then it was changed to just avoiding the user
confusion, and saying that our users needs would be covered by an
alternative non-free.org, as if that solved everything. There is no
real study, nor care, about the real impact of the removal of the
non-free section of the debian infrastructure, nor any reasonable
engagement on the viability and initial setup of this supposed
non-free.org archive.

Like i said, show us the implementation, if it works and fills the need,
we will move to it, without needing endless flamewars on debian-vote.

Friendly,

Sven Luther