Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

* "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb@becket.net> [2004-03-07 14:45]:
> I was promised that Debian would remain 100% free software.  You want
> to break that promise?

 Who says so? Why would the keep of non-free somewhere (might it be
nonfree.org or our pools) be a break of that promise? non-free is no
part of Debian and never was. Keeping it somewhere doesn't change that.

> Or perhaps you could ratchet down the rhetoric, and stop accusing me
> of dishonesty and trying to control you and all the rest.
>
> Nor did Debian ever promise that whatever non-free packages you would
> want be supported by the infrastructure.  Debian does not promise to
> any developer that their package will be carried, free or non-free.

 Now /you/ are getting rhetoric, because this isn't the point.

 So long,
Alfie
--
Aber der Aufwand Linux zu installieren und vim zu lernen ist *IMMER*
geringer, als Outlook das Schreiben von vernünftigen Mails beizubringen. ;)