Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 11:39:43PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-03-06 10:20:44 +0000 Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> wrote:
>
> >elfutils was removed on the request of its maintainer on 9th December.
>
> elfutils is not an example of removal from non-free. It was in main. I
> filed bug #221761 after a debian-legal discussion pointed it out.

And ? The fact that it previously was in non-free but is now in main
doesn't count ? Sure, it was not in the time period asked, but still it
is a package who moved from non-free to main. The fact that the removal
got delayed only proves my point. The packages are not more actively
removed, because nobody, including the remove non-free proponent, care
enough about it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther