Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Well, from my understanding, hogwash would be the washing water of a
> pork, or something such.

When you don't know a word, look it up.  This is so basic.

> The main point is that i don't master the subtelties of the english
> language enough to clearly appreciate the degree of offensiveness
> which is meant by it.

This is not my problem.  I cannot predict which words you will find
hard, and if you can't be bothered to look them up in the
dictionary--a dictionary carried by Debian, no less--then that's your
problem, not mine.

> And if you don't care about not native english speakers, i seriously
> doubt what you have to do with debian, which is clearly a multi national
> and multi lingual organisation. Please go create your own, english-only,
> pure debian fork or something.

Where on earth did I say I don't care about non-native English
speakers?  I said that your problem is not one I could solve, but I
did point you to a resource that you could use to help solve it.

> Yeah, sure. But your words seemed to imply that the social contract
> never contained section 5. Revisionism won't help you here, i think.

Where did I say that?  Good grief, the problem isn't with your ability
to understand English, though you have hid behind that for years.
It's that you spend a lot of time guessing what people think, telling
them (wrongly) what they think, and all the rest.  If you want to
understand my position, just ask me.  It's offensive to dictate to me
what my position must be and then think you've understood it.

Thomas