Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 11:33:56PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 01:57:35PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > > A, yes ? And the fact that debian ressource would be used for setting
> > > this alternative archive up and maintaining those packages is not to be
> > > considered ? Debian ressource in the form of volunteer time, which is
> > > maybe the only asset debian really has ?
> >
> > Volunteer time is not owned by Debian.  We have no control over
> > volunteer time, and we cannot assign tasks to persons.
>
> But you are interfering by the time i should spend on things, in
> particular making it more difficult for me to maintain my non-free
> package ? A strange way of not interfering with my volunteer time.

His point is that this "time" is not time you spend on Debian, but on
some non-free packages that happen to be distributed by Debian right
now. So, just as Debian can not set restrictions on what you do in
your non-Debian time, you cannot set restrictions on how Debian should
help you with your non-Debian activities.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer