Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> writes:

> Hi, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
>
> > Helen Faulkner <helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> >> Partly it's knowing that I'm going to be dealing with a man (almost
> >> certainly), and he may assume I don't know what I'm doing, and he may
> >> put me down or be condescending or unkind as a result.
> >
> > Are you assuming that all men will do this?
>
> Note the word "may".

If it's to be taken as you suggest, then it's content-free.  *Anyone*
might do that.  She seemed to be making some assumption beyond just
the fact of the possibility.

> The fear she talks about is _hardly_ uncommon. It's the reason why there
> are women-only computer courses, for example.

I didn't say it was uncommon. It's a good reason for Debian to worry
about it and try to alleviate it.

My question was different.