Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Yeah, failing arguments, you play with words, how usual of this thread.

Huh?  No, I said what the changes would be, and they are very
important changes to me.  They are not important to you perhaps, but
it is true that they are important to me.

And it is true that the packages are not part of Debian now; if you
think they are, *that* is a problem.  If you cannot keep it straight
in your own head, then we will never expect our users to--and there is
a constant flood of users who think this is a proposal to "remove
non-free from Debian", indicating that they haven't gotten it straight
either.

I don't expect this to convince you, of course, but I expect that
those who are uncertain might find it helpful.

> And more to the point, do you really think moving the non-free stuff out
> of the debian archive and onto a separate archive would be something
> more than a fiction to make you non-free removal advocate happy ?

It would not be a fiction.  It would, in fact, cease the branding of
the packages and it would cease the devoting of Debian resources to
them.  That's what would make me happy.

Thomas