Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 01:52:38AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > > The response is easy: it won't have our name on it anymore, and we
> > > won't be devoting our resources to its support.
> >
> > Which ressources ? Assuredly not the small time the ftp-masters pass on
> > it ? Assuredly not the minimal bandwidth requirement ?
>
> You asked how the proposal would change anything.  I described two
> changes it would make, which are of cardinal importance to me.
>
> The former, incidentally, is perhaps the most important, since it has
> already confused you in this very thread, having already said that you
> "would prefer every software in debian to be free", implying that it
> isn't already.
>
> The compromise was that we have non-free stuff in the infrastructure,
> but it is not part of the official distribution.  That has clearly
> broken down, since you are already confused about it.

Yeah, failing arguments, you play with words, how usual of this thread.

You and i both perfectly know what we mean, so this is not a problem.

And more to the point, do you really think moving the non-free stuff out
of the debian archive and onto a separate archive would be something
more than a fiction to make you non-free removal advocate happy ? Do you
really believe that the same people confunding debian/main with
debian/non-free are not the same one who think that apt-get.org is part
of debian also ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther