Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 07:06:50PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >> Sunspots. It's at least as convincing.
>
> 	If that is the best theory you can advance, forgive me if I
>  prefer to stick to one with some scientific backing, and which tends
>  to actually explain the empirically observed data. The pattern of
>  behaviour, and the pattern of inclusion is not random, so your theory
>  is a very poor fit.

You're welcome to pick a default assumption (although I'll point out
that assumptions invariably play people false). But you can't claim
that it's true because it's the only possibility. Nor can you claim
that it's true because it's been proven, because it hasn't.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |