Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 03:35:03PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 08:21:08AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> > 	You have an alternate theory explaining the low incidence of
>> >  women in male dominated activities like Debian, free software
>> >  coding, coding in general, and CS overall?
>>
>> Sunspots. It's at least as convincing.

	If that is the best theory you can advance, forgive me if I
 prefer to stick to one with some scientific backing, and which tends
 to actually explain the empirically observed data. The pattern of
 behaviour, and the pattern of inclusion is not random, so your theory
 is a very poor fit.

	When you have something that fits the observed data better, a
 model that can actually explain some of the patterns I have observed,
 I would be more willing to listen to you.

	At this point, your views go in the same bin as those people
 claiming that the world is flat and the center of the universe, with
 stars just holes in the roof.

	manoj
--
He who has a shady past knows that nice guys finish last.