Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 01:07:05PM -0800, David Schleef wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 03:28:15PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > It also doesn't say anything about whether they need non-free to be
> > > hosted by debian. The relative popularity of the non-debian-hosted
> > > java packages suggests not.
> >
> > Sure, but please tell me, if we are going to move non-free stuff to
> > non-free.org, exactly how will that change anything over the current
> > situation in regard with packages with problematic licences ?
>
> Additional developers, such as myself, would be willing to work
> on non-free packages, *provided that they are outside of Debian*.

Why ? And why do you not start working and establish your own repository
for distributing your packages ?

And why you don't use this time to work on free packages instead ?

And more to the point, what would be the benefit to debian and the
free/open/whatever community, since the main point is that these
non-free packages are evil ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther