Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On 2004-03-05 14:28:15 +0000 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 08:03:41PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
I'd say those users need better hardware rather than non-free drivers.
Well, this would be problematic for people trying to install debian on
preexistant hardware, or on assorted donated stuff or other older
hardware, don't you think.

Those people already have the problem that their hardware does not have drivers in the Debian OS. No outcome for this GR changes that. Please direct your anger about these problems somewhere more useful than at this proposal.

I think i would rather vote for completely removing non-free and
forgetting about the packages

That is your choice, of course. The proposal does not (cannot?) commit to any particular action on future hosting by another group.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at