Re: Questions to candidates

Hi Martin,

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 04:03:34AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Yes, please see my platform for more details.  I will clearly identify
> who is overworked and help to find addition man power.  I will also
> find out if there are other ways to help them carry out their tasks
> (for example by providing them with certain infrastructure).  All of
> these coordination activities require person skills which I possess.

I would like to ask what you have done in your past term to find out
overworked core roles, and what happened to ease the work load on
these core roles. Are you satisfied with the success of the measures
you took?

> I doubt electing people would work very well, simply because there is
> often a lack of people willing to carry out a specific task (so who
> would you elect), and electing does not ensure that you create a team
> which can actually work together.

This could be eased by not electing independent people, probably
forming a team incapable of doing work, but by electing lists of
people that have formed themselves before. This would, however, of
course, need a big constitution change.

>From a few of the flamef^wdiscussions about important roles in the
past, I have learnt that the project also has a history of rejecting
people wanting to help. I am quite disappointed by the project's
handling of - for example - people who would like to contribute
additional buildds for architectures that notoriously lagged behind.
Instead of allowing in more buildds, we have managed to scare people
successfully operating buildds away, resulting in a net _loss_ of
buildd time. Do you see this as a problem?

Greetings
Marc

Karlsruhe, Germany |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 721 966 32 15
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 721 966 31 29