Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

Manoj, here I came ;-)

I really have no time to get this flamewar alive ;-) but, I promise I'll
summarize and see if we get constructive ideas out of it.

Sincerely, I only wanted candidate's input, but this is Debian :-)

* I don't think debian is specially hostile on a gender basis.
  I agree with Branden that Debian is more liberal than the real world
  (take sexual behaviour, it's a good example, as he stated).
* I don't think women need pink desktops, special lists or things like
  that to get encouraged/involved.
* I wasn't only talking about DD. I think we need more users, and
   members of the comunity. Contributors in a way or another.
* I don't think we need to lower our NM quality standards to become a DD
  for female applications. I don't believe in that kind of positive
  discrimination. I don't even believe it will ever be necessary.
  We all want the best developers we can get :-)
* What I think is that we need a bigger female userbase (and I'm glad
  tbm brought up the isue of other minorities in Debian), that will lead
  to a bigger Female DD. I would also like to see more mulattos, but
  read below. Let's keep lust out of it, please, gents .-)

Brian May wrote:
> * The majority of Debian developers do the right thing, the problem is
>   with the minority that don't.

I mostly agree.

> Seems sensible reading, and could be beneficial even if only read by
> people who already try to do the right thing.

I don't specially like that paper, anyway.

What I want to say to females reading all this is "don't take attacks as
personal, using/developing Debian is a big joy, and I wouldn't want to
get more women into it if it weren't".

I feel terrible that while trying to get more females interested about
Debian I may have managed to scare off some of them with the flame I
originated. I was just asking for candidate's input.

My questions, at a very personal level are, in a way, a quest to
understand my own identity and choices. Quoting from a mail I sent to
tbm:

  "Because (nobody mentioned that in the DPL thingy, and it is something
  I will never forgive :-), as we are going to have thousands of female
  users in Spain soon) we want more women in Debian. Not for lust, but
  for input, hard work, commitment and a stop to flames.  Girls are very
  good at that. We are more collaborative, less competitive, very into
  social networks (and Debian is one). I think it suits the Debian way
  of working together fine.
  Fuck, I'm giving you all the answers to the question I just asked."

So why if women are supposedly well equipped for the cult^Wbazaar, there
are so few of us? I am seeking constructive thoughts.

BTW, I think this doesn't belong in d-vote anymore. Please let's move
this to d-project or wherever.

--
       All the pictures have all been washed in black. Tattooed everything.
 .''`.  All the love gone bad turned my world to black. Tattooed all I see.