Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:10:53PM +1100, Ben Burton wrote:
> Whilst I see what you're saying, I fail to see how my post could
> possibly be read as pulling the minority card.  The quote I gave was
> simply an example of an "I mean this nicely, but here's an insult"
> phrase that came easily to mind.  Beyond its use in a phrase of this
> type, the sexuality issue had nothing whatsoever to do with my post.

Hmm, I think this is more a case that I was responding to your comment
directly... rather than as an addition to the thread.

[Damn, I've tried to write the next paragraph to this response about 4
times... it's not working :/ ]

I *think* what I'm trying to say, is that I feel that your interpretation of
that comment is different to what I'd see it as. The way you see it casts an
image that I'd be loathe to be associated with... Then, of course, it
entirely depends on who says it.

I know that doesnt make much sense, so further discussion of this should
probably be taken to private mail, if you want.

> And my other post on the sexuality issue was about persecution regarding
> sexuality because that was the _precise_ issue that Branden raised.  And
> my conclusion was actually that debian does not visibly persecute on this
> basis.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree.

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

         Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.