Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 11:12, Amaya wrote:
> As a female hacker/geek/DD I find myself more and more concerned about
> the gender ratio in the Debian Developer/User comunity. How can we say
> make a "Universal" OS when it's do scarcely related to half the
> population of the world... I think we all agree we want to see more
> women involved in or using Debian.

Not a candidate but...

I don't see Debian as primarily, significantly, or anything like
"exclusive" with respect to gender. Quite the opposite.

Perhaps there is room for advocacy in that regard though,

but I tend to think it's the old adage "show us the code" - doesn't
matter whether you're male, female, whatever, if you're interested,
and can hack good code, Debian wants you!

(There's probably some punch line about "show us the women", but I
can't think of it...)

So, welcome, take heart, and viva la female hackers!

cheers
zenaan