Re: Questions for the candidates

On 02 Mar 2004 17:55:08 +0100, Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de> said:

> Debian Project Secretary <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>> On 02 Mar 2004 11:43:29 +0100, Falk Hueffner
>> <falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de> said:
>>
>> Please unsubscribe from debian-vote if you do not wish to hear the
>> opinions of the candidates on politically charged issues as well as
>> ordinary technical issues.

> I have no problem with that content. I dislike reading rants,
> though.

	debian-vote is not a required mailing list for developers.

>> You certainly have not gained moderator rights on this mailing
>> list; so please refrain from attempting to so.

> Huh? In which way have I "attempted to gain moderator rights"?

	Some one asked a question. It did not fit your criteria fro
 what a question should be. You told the person posing the question
 that the mail was inappropriate, and told them not to waste peoples
 time. In the words of US politics, this produces a chilling effect
 and suppresses questions that do not meet the critria of the person
 telling people to go away and reformulate or shut up.

	Please let the candidates deal with the questions, even
 uncomfortable ones (within bounds of normal debian mailing list
 traffic, which that question certainly was).

	manoj
--
A man of great immorality is like a creeper, suffocating the tree it
is on. He does to himself just what an enemy would wish him. 162