Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:43:12PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> I can't find that assumption in your proposal. You say that 'the Free
> Software in Debian will remain Free' and 'We will distribute Free
> Software'(paraphrased). That doesn't mean that the Debian distribution
> will not include non-free software, as I read it.
>
> Perhaps that's you intention or perhaps I misread it. But if I misread
> it, others will probably, too.

I agree, but I don't have a better proposal yet.

Anthony Towns' proposal is pretty good, but it needs a definition for
"The Debian Distribution".

I don't suppose you've got a good idea [for either the proposal as a
whole, or a definition of what it is that the "remains free" guarantees
of the social contract apply to]?

Thanks,

--
Raul