Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:26:50PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I don't like "Shall Continue", as it feels as though you have to know
> that you're reading a second-edition social contract for it to make
> sense. Would
>
> New:  "1. Debian Will Continue to Distribute Software That's 100% Free"
>
> be equivalent?

It would be equivalent...

...and suffer from all the same problems of being uninspirational,
impossibly vague without the rest of the social contract to elaborate
it, and leading to more than one quite different interpretation (as
discussion on this list seems already beginning to demonstrate).

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill