Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 08:26:09PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> ReactOS is Free Software, AFAIK. No idea whether the Unix Services run
> on that, though.
>
> If you don't like to be compared to Microsoft, take any other
> Linux-distribution with proprietary addons and/or core admin tools.

You mean like RedHat?

We're promising that our system will stay free -- that we won't at some
point in the future start making Debian depend on non-free installers
or any other such component.

The problem comes when people try and assume that this kind of freedom
means we aren't going to support any non-free software.

The biggest reason for that problem is that there isn't really any clear
term for distinguishing "the system" from "the supplements".

--
Raul