Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:26:50PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I don't like "Shall Continue", as it feels as though you have to know
> that you're reading a second-edition social contract for it to make
> sense. Would
>
> New:  "1. Debian Will Continue to Distribute Software That's 100% Free"
>
> be equivalent?

It would be equivalently a trivial statement. As aj pointed out - even
Microsoft distributes Software That's 100% Free (some parts of the GNU
tools in their Unix Services for Windows, for example).

What makes Debian special is the fact that we _only_ distribute 100%
Free {Software,Software+Documentation,whatever}, at least in the
official distribution. YMMV.

Michael