Re: Comparison and rebuttal of Raul Miller/20040119-13 against Andrew Suffield/GR Editorial

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 02:28:13AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > We only accepted the LSB on the proviso that it would not interfere
> > with other packages - that it could be handled entirely by the people
> > who were interested in supporting LSB applications. I object to any
> > proposal to expand it beyond this.
>
> You seem to be asserting that we, as a project, shouldn't recognize such
> standards violations as bugs.

Correct. Violating the LSB is not a bug. Nor is violating the win32
API. Neither of them are relevant; we ship Debian packages, not LSB
packages or win32 programs, even though Debian happens to be able to
run all three under certain conditions.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |