Re: non-free and users?

"Sergey V. Spiridonov" <sena@hurd.homeunix.org> wrote:

> I will suggest him to buy radeon and to sell nvidia.

Well, You will give me the money that this operation will cost me ?

>> help me with my ADSL modem ? do you volunteer to write the soft-ADSL
>> library, so one more package could be removed from non-free ?
>
> I see no reason to support those hw companies which do not provide
> enough specs for driver.  Those hw companies should have enough
> resources to create and distribute driver themselves if they want,
> without Debian donation. There are ADSL modems and graphic cards which
> are supported by Linux without non-free drivers.

The ADSL modems might be given to me by my ADSL provider. I might have
no choice, thanks you for your support... By the way it is just what
nvidia do, nvidia never ask us to do a debian packaging of their
driver, we made it just as a matter of convenience for our user, as
they are one of our main priority.

[...]

> But, please let's finish with current topic first. I
> think it will lead us to the wrong direction.

And I disagree. The problem is global, you cannot easily cut it in
small piece

--
Rémi Vanicat