Namespaces, was: summary of software licenses in non-free

On 2004-01-10 15:34:15 +0000 Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:

My advice?  Keep everything centralized in a
debian.org-hosted non-free section; life will be much, much,
***much*** simpler.

As you point out earlier in your email, we already have this problem. I suspect it will get worse. As free software, we cannot force everything to be centralised. We're not in the position when anyone can argue to "keep everything centralised" because it isn't centralised now. Some work to fix this before it hurts would be wonderful, but I can't tell what the right solution is. Can the Origin header help?

Thank you for cc'ing your thoughtful email to -devel. I hope it provokes good discussion.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at