Re: Another Non-Free Proposal

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:18:38PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I might be wrong, of course, but that no one seems to be willing to setup
> a working non-free archive just for the hell of it seems to indicate X
> isn't trivially small.

I think that's a hasty conclusion.  I think the fact that no one's
willing to setup a working non-free archive just for the hell of it is
the consequence of two factors:

* Most of the people who want Debian to drop non-free aren't interested
  in having anything to do with it; and
* Most of the people who want Debian to keep non-free don't see any need
  to concretize potential changes to status quo.

This is the catch-22 I posited earlier, and for which I was attacked.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       kernel panic -- causal failure