Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:30:55PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> It is intriguing to me that some folks whom I have seen vigorously
> espousing ad-hoc problem solving suddenly become advocates of a highly
> bureaucratized approach when it comes to dropping non-free.  From my
> perspective, bureaucracy (i.e., documented procedures, clearly
> delineated powers) is justified by abuse of power (actual or potential).

I don't know if you consider me to be one of those folks, or not.

However, if I am, I believe a common thread for at least one person
will be:

Fix what's broke, don't fix what's not broke.

[This is orthogonal to "ad-hoc" vs. "highly bureaucratized".]

However, I will grant the possibility that some developers are solely
concerned about the "ad-hoc" vs. "highly bureaucratized" axis.

--
Raul