Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 06:15:32PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Why does the presence of that alter the success of the proposal?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

However, let me know if the text I wrote at the bottom of
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200401/msg00018.html
answers your question.

> Surely, if the proposal passes, those who want the infrastructure will
> create it, if it is needed/important enough?

Well, it's already been created, but presumably you mean "... will
recreate it...".

But that's a very general sort of statement, leaving out many details
such as how people will find this infrastructure (and, thus, how many
times it will be recreated, and what specific needs any particular
recreated instance will address).

> Asking those who disagree with its use to create it seems unfair.

I don't know what you're talking about here.

Has someone asked you to create [or re-create] non-free?

--
Raul